Art and Design at Clyst St Mary
An artist from Three Rivers Federation will:
- to be able to see the beauty and wonder of the world around them
- be able to create art with confidence, skill and understanding.
- have a lifelong love of art and design
- discuss the things they enjoy in the art they explore and recommend artists and designers to others
- learn about a wide range of artists and techniques they used
- be able to apply the skills and techniques they have learnt in art and design to enable them explore and express their imaginations
- be exposed to high quality art from a variety of cultures and in a range of different styles and formats
- be open to trying new styles and techniques to improve their own experiences of art.
A designer from Three Rivers Federation will:
- know that design embodies some of the highest forms of human creativity.
- have the knowledge and skills to experiment, invent and create their own craft sand designs.
- be able to think critically and develop a rigorous understanding of design.
- know how design reflects and shapes our history, and contributes to the culture, creativity and wealth of our nation.
- evaluate their ideas and products against their own design criteria and consider the views of others to improve their work.
- be able to learn to think and intervene creatively to solve problems both as individuals and as members of a team.