Clyst to Cape
- WE MADE IT TO CAPE TOWN! Huge congratulations to everyone!
- We're in South Africa and on the home stretch to Cape Town! Well done everyone!
- We have scooted through the Democratic Republic of the Congo and we are now in Angola!
- We reached Cameroon on Sunday 5th July and Congo on 6th July!
- Thank you so much to everyone who has donated, we have raised over £1650 so far!
- We have now travelled more than 5000 miles together!
Mrs Allen clocking up the miles!
Join us on our virtual journey from Clyst St Mary Primary School to Cape Town in South Africa! We want everyone to record how far they are cycling, walking and running so as a school community, we can make the 8,134 miles to Cape Town by Friday 17th July.
On our journey we pass through many countries, and the children will learn about the countries as we visit them. There is a dedicated page on the website that will be updated daily with people’s mileage and a map showing where we are - and fun photos!
We will be raising money for NHS Charities Together, Show Racism the Red Card and the fund for the new school toilets at Clyst St Mary. There are 8,134 miles to Cape Town and our aim is to raise £8,134.
This is one way that the Clyst St Mary community can contribute to both important local and national issues as well as a way to raise money to improve the school environment.
We have a Just Giving page that we hope you and your family and friends will be able to contribute to.
Every time a child from Clyst St Mary Primary School completes a run, walk or cycle and sends in their distance they will receive a country flag sticker for their collection. They can also receive a sticker every time a donation is made to support them. There are 12 stickers to collect, for the 12 countries we are travelling through, and an A3 poster to display them all. Children who are not in school at the moment will have a weekly delivery of the stickers that they have collected.