The Foundation Stage
In the Early years Foundation Stage (EYFS) at Clyst St Mary Primary School
our aims are:
• to support children to make a planned, confident transition from home to school
• to provide a happy, caring, safe and secure environment for learning
• to plan learning experiences that meet the individual needs and interests of the children through a balanced provision of adult led and child initiated opportunities
• to support children to become competent and confident learners so they are able to reach their full potential
• to provide a broad and balanced high quality curriculum in line with the Early Years Foundation Stage guidance
• to foster positive home school links with parents and other care providers.
Assessment in the Reception Class is done in line with the ‘Early Years Foundation Stage’ and staff observe the children and record their observations in Tapestry, an online portal, where parents can add information and view observations and photos of their children's activities in school. Tapestry collates and stores the children's progress against the Foundation Stage progression statements, creating a ‘Learning Journal’ which evidences the child’s progress through the Foundation Stage. We also have two formal parents’ evenings during the year.
For more information about the Early Years Curriculum please visit their website