Read Write Inc. Phonics
In Reception all children will learn how to ‘read’ the sounds in words and how those sounds can be written down.
- learn 44 sounds and the corresponding letters/letter groups using simple picture prompts.
- learn to read words using 'Fred talk' and sound blending
- read from a range of storybooks and non-fictions books matched to their phonic knowledge
- work well with partners
- develop comprehension skills in stories by answering 'Find It' and 'Prove It' discussion questions
- learn to write and form the letters/letter groups which represent the 44 sounds with the help of fun phrases
- learn to write words by using 'Fred Talk'
- learn to build sentences by practising sentences out loud before they write
The web page has changed in recent months to support learning from home, however if you scroll to the bottom of the page there are a range of videos and home reading documents.