Our vision and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
Ethos and aims
Clyst St Mary Primary School is a caring school where our aim is that all the children are happy and well motivated. They will be challenged to achieve high standards, through a rich and varied curriculum.
We are a school where all members of the school community have equal access to learning opportunities and enjoy learning and growing together.
We aim to:
• Enable each child to continually achieve within a successful village school in preparation for independence and lifelong learning.
• Open windows to the world, offering an all round education which enables each child to achieve the highest possible standards academically, physically, morally and spiritually.
• Enable children to develop in a healthy, safe and secure environment where everyone is valued.
• Provide an inspirational curriculum that enables the children to explore, investigate, create and communicate whilst delivering the aims of the Foundation Stage and the National Curriculum.
• Use the local community as a stepping stone to the wider world.
• Provide children with the skills, economic understanding and a voice to become confident global citizens.
• Create a happy, caring school community where good behaviour and manners are expected and celebrated.
• Enable each child to have the ICT skills to equip them to access all aspects of life in the 21st Century.