Work to do at home
Class 3 home Learning - Friday 27th March
Good morning! It’s Friday and nearly the Easter holidays woooo. Just a reminder to remember to ‘Turn In’ your work by clicking in the top right hand corner of your Google Doc and do any editing in purple. Make sure you read my private comments about your work - I am really enjoying reading it all :)
Your tasks today:
1.English (spellings) - In your orange book complete the first set of spellings by writing out each spelling 3 times. On Google Classroom Classwork write a sentence for each spelling. Try and add detail to your spellings by using conjunctions, adverbials (where, when, how) and expanded noun phrases. I will then look at your great sentences! I have attached a Google Doc.
2. Maths - On MyMaths complete the Measure task. Remember to watch the lesson too if there is the option on your account. Once you have completed it I can see how well you have done. Some of you have already done this before we began learning about weight and capacity so have another go and I will see if your score improves!
3. Maths- On PurpleMash go onto you '2Dos' section and play the 'Convert Units of Measure' game. This focuses on length (metres and kilometres) so see how much you can remember. You can find the Purplemash website here: https://www.clyststmary.devon.sch.uk/online-learning/ You have your login details in your home learning pack.
4. Topic - Research Roman Exeter and make a list of interesting facts about life in Roman Exeter. Remember to use swiggle.org.uk to do your research. You should do this on Google Classroom Classwork where I have given more instructions. You can then draw a picture of Roman Exeter in your green book.
5. Art - Make an Easter card for your family. You could use colour paper or card to try and make a 3D bunny or egg! If you don’t have any, use pencils or felt tips to draw the best Easter egg you can on the front. Make sure you write a nice message inside and thank your family for helping you with your home learning. Upload pictures of your work onto the stream!
6. Remember to read, practise your times tables and do a Just Dance or another Joe Wicks PE lesson everyday too! If you have more time you can always play on PurpleMash, DoodleMaths and MyMaths games or use BBC bitesize to learn new things.
David Walliams is reading out one of his stories every day for the next 30 days. You can find and listen to them here: https://www.worldofdavidwalliams.com/elevenses/ I loved reading his books to you in class last term so hopefully you will listen to a few of his and imagine Miss Stoneham doing her funny actions and voices!
Ozzy was flying across the beach with excitement for Easter this morning! Have a great day. I will be here to answer any questions.
Miss Stoneham :)
Class 3 Home Learning Thursday 26th March
Good morning! I hope everything is still going well. I have enjoyed looking and responding to your work this week. Make sure you remember to click ‘Turn In’ (in the top right hand corner of the Google Doc) so we can see your work. Remember to read our private comments too as they will give ideas on how to improve your work. If you improve your work please can you do it in purple so that we can see your changes - it's just like using purple pen at school!
It is another lovely day and Ozzy has been so excited by your postcards!
Your tasks today:
1. English - You have had time working outside in the lovely spring weather and now it is time to write a poem about it! We have looked at lots of poems in and out of school to give you ideas. The full instructions can be found in ‘Classwork’ and I have attached a Google Doc for your work.
2. Maths - You have explored weight and capacity and it is now time to make some more estimations. An estimation is an educated guess. I would like you to find 8-15 things in your house and estimate their weight or capacity. If you have weighing scales and/or a measuring jug then find out the exact mass/capacity and see how close you were! Can you then find the difference between your estimation and the exact result? The full instructions can be found in ‘Classwork’ and I have attached a document for your work.
3. Science - Use swiggle.org.uk to find out how fossils are made. In your green book create a poster which explains the stages in forming a fossil. Try and use scientific language to improve your work. You could upload a picture of it to the stream when you are finished! You could use these websites to help: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/z9bbkqt/articles/z2ym2p3
4. It is important that we stay active while we are not at school. Please take part in a 30 minute PE lesson with a man called Joe Wicks. He is holding a live PE lesson everyday at 9am but you can watch the recordings on his Youtube channel. I am doing it every day and it is great fun! You could post a picture or video of you taking part! This is the link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAxW1XT0iEJo0TYlRfn6rYQ
5. Remember to read and practise your times tables today too! If you have more time you can always play on PurpleMash, DoodleMaths and MyMaths games or use BBC bitesize to learn new things.
Good luck with your work! I will be online to read your work and respond to any questions. I have attached some pictures of Ozzy looking at the flowers and trees to help him with his poem!
Miss Stoneham :)
Class 3 Home Learning Wednesday 25th March
Good morning Class 3,
The sun is shining again which is lovely, as it means most of you will be able to get out in to garden. We will all be busy in our virtual classroom today. I have set a maths task (about capacity) for you to do, which has all the instructions written on it. Remember learning about capacity is all to do with exploring how much liquid a container can hold- from a bath, to a juice bottle, to a shampoo bottle. I wonder what thing you can find in your house that has the smallest capacity written on it. You can start adding the things you find to the Stream and we'll see whose is smallest. Capacity work can get wet so maybe try the activity outside.
I have also set a writing task, which is to write a postcard to Ozzy. Full instructions will be on the task. Again, I will add some of your weird and wonderful ideas to the Stream for us all to enjoy.
Both the maths and English tasks have a google doc attached to them for you to write on. You should be able to access them from 9.00 this morning.
I would also like you to read (both to someone and to yourself) and practise your times tables.
To get some Vitamin D, which is so important for you ,I would like you to go outside and do some close up drawings of plants that you see. Look really carefully at a leaf, flower or branch and draw what you see not what you think you see. You can do these on paper and then upload a photo of your work to the Stream if you would like- or add it in a private message.
Lastly, get some exercise outside in the garden if you can, or inside doing Just Dance. I am going to do some yoga, pilates and walk Joey for my exercise. Message me if you have any questions. I will be online this morning until about 12.30.
I look forward to seeing your work later,
Mrs Ellis :)
|Class Three Home Learning Tuesday 24th March|
Good morning Class 3,